We are dedicated to delivering you with the best Stand Up Paddleboard experience here at Bantham Beach. Our top of the range paddle boards are perfect for you to learn the basics of SUP.
Our fully trained and ISA qualified staff will run through the basics on the beach including essential water and ocean safety skills. Depending on the weather or tide conditions the lesson will take place on the sea or the River Avon.
1.5 Hr Paddle Board Lesson Prices Ages 10+
About your Paddle Board Lesson
First part of the lesson
As with all lessons the first part is a reminder about ocean and beach safety before entering the water. Depending on what level you are your SUP Instructor will run through SUP positions and how to get the most out of the lesson.
SUP Skills Taught
You will learn the different parts of your SUP board, how to paddle correctly, how to stand and maintain balance, self rescue, correct position of your paddle and safely enter and exit the water… and have lots of FUN!
- All equipment including inflatable SUP suited to your abilities.
- Wetsuits and rash vests.
- Buoyancy Aids.
- Professional and friendly SUP instruction.
Checking in for your lesson
We look forward to welcoming you to Bantham Surfing Academy. On arrival:
- You will be required to fill in an indemnity form before participating in your lesson. It is a legal requirement that children under the age of 18 must be signed for by a parent or guardian who is 18 years old or over.
- If you or anyone in your group has any medical conditions (eg asthma, allergies, diabetes) it is important that you declare these on the indemnity form as well as telling your surf instructor. We are happy to store any
equipment such as inhalers or epi-pens in our dry bag on the beach. Failure to declare any conditions could compromise the safety of you or your group during your surf lesson or in an emergency.
- If you need to make payment for your lesson, that can be completed at checkin. We accept Visa and MasterCard. We are also delighted to accept Apple Pay and Android Pay. We do not accept American Express.
- Children under the age of 10 must have a parent or guardian at the watersedge for the duration of their lesson.
If you choose to be in the water whilst the lesson is taking place, then you must follow any rules or instructions provided by the instructor(s)
What to bring
You’ll definitely need swim wear to wear under your wetsuit and a towel. A bottle of water and a snack to have after your lesson is a good idea too. On hot, sunny days remember your sunscreen, hat and sunglasses. On cold, wet days remember your warm, dry clothes and a rain jacket.
On the day of your lesson, we suggest filling up on a good breakfast. Our lessons can be strenuous, and undertaking them on an empty stomach is not recommended.