2 Hr Islander Tour 12 +
2-3 Hr River Runner Tour 12 +
2 Hr River to Island Tour 12 +
2 Hr Coastal Exploration Tour 12 +
About our Kayak Tours
First part of the tour
When you are all suited up we head to the beach for the first stage of your tour. We will explain the parts of the board & give you a brief informative safety talk. Your Kayak instructor will run through:
- Kayak components.
- How to get in and sit in a kayak.
- Positioning of paddle.
- Self rescue
- All equipment including Kayak suited to your abilities.
- Wetsuits and rash vests
- Buoyancy aids.
- Professional and friendly Kayak instruction
Checking in for your lesson
We look forward to welcoming you to Bantham Surfing Academy. On arrival:
- You will be required to fill in an indemnity form before participating in your lesson. It is a legal requirement that children under the age of 18 must be signed for by a parent or guardian who is 18 years old or over.
- If you or anyone in your group has any medical conditions (eg asthma, allergies, diabetes) it is important that you declare these on the indemnity form as well as telling your surf instructor. We are happy to store any equipment such as inhalers or epi-pens in our dry bag on the beach. Failure to declare any conditions could compromise the safety of you or your group during your surf lesson or in an emergency.
- If you need to make payment for your lesson, that can be completed at checkin. We accept Visa and MasterCard. We are also delighted to accept Apple Pay and Android Pay. We do not accept American Express.
What do I need to bring
You’ll definitely need swim wear to wear under your wetsuit and a towel. A bottle of water and a snack to have after your lesson is a good idea too. On hot, sunny days remember your sunscreen, hat and sunglasses. On cold, wet days remember your warm, dry clothes and a rain jacket. On the day of your lesson, we suggest filling up on a good breakfast. Our lessons can be strenuous, and undertaking them on an empty stomach is not recommended.