Lesson Terms & Conditions
- A no attendance will result in a non – refundable payment, Bantham Surfing Academy requests that customers arrive half an hour prior to the lesson start time to register for the lesson, a no show is the responsibility of the customer and not Bantham Surfing Academy .
- Failure to arrive on time will result in the booking being void, no rebooking or refunds will be eligable.
All bookings are subject to full payment prior to participating in any lesson. To secure your booking a non-refundable deposit of 50% must be paid in advance. Without the deposit payment the customers booking /s are only tentative.
Changing your booking
- Bantham Surfing Academy will make every effort to arrange any changes requested after the booking has been confirmed.
- Please note that any such changes are subject to availability of lesson dates, places, and/or Instructor availability.
- In the event where your group size is reduced in numbers of participants from the original booking Bantham Surfing Academy must receive notification of this in due time by email or phone call.
- If the changes are less than 5 days prior to the lesson you will be responsible for paying the full balance on the original booking. In exceptional circumstances we may waiver the above. i.e. bereavement, serious illness / injury etc.
- All cancellations must be sent via email wherever possible and will be effective on the date which they are received by Bantham Surfing Academy. Cancellation charges are payable as follows:
- Over 5 days before lesson date: Refund can be issued
- Less than 5 days before lesson date: 100% of the total cost is payable to Bantham Surfing Academy.
- If Bantham Surfing Academy cancels any lessons due to high or low surfing conditions & adverse weather conditions we will either re-schedule your lesson, give you the option to do a different activity or provide you with a gift voucher to the value of your lessons which is valid for one year.
Hire Terms & Conditions
- Payment of equipment hire is made before using it;
- Kayak & SUP hire requires a valid ID i.e. driver’s license or bank card/bank card which will be held securely until the hire equipment is returned;
- Any equipment must be returned without damages;
- Any damage/loss must be reported to Bantham Surfing Academy immediately and the Customer will be responsible for the damage/loss occurring. The Customer will be charged the value of the damage/loss:
SUP – up to £800
SUP Paddle – up to £75
Surfboard – up to £150
Wetsuit – up to £75
Kayak (single or double) – up to £800
Kayak Paddle – up to £100
Bodyboard – up to £100
Lifejacket – up to £60
- The Customer accepts all responsibility and liability for hire equipment which occurs during the course of their hire;
- The Customer understands we do not take any responsibility for any injury to yourself or others during the hire period;
- If the Customer delivers the rented equipment after the time period of rental has expired the Customers hire contract starts again and the new hire amount will be charged;
- If the Customer returns the rented equipment before the rental time period has expired no refund is guaranteed;
- Failure to return rented equipment may be the subject of criminal complaint for theft against the practise of civil responsibility of the contract between the parties;
- Surfing/Kayaking/Body-Boarding/Paddleboarding can be inherently dangerous therefore by hiring the equipment the Customer acknowledges that they are exposed to certain risks which include but are not limited to physical hazards, unpredictable and sometimes dangerous surf and weather conditions and actions of other persons;